Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Onion and Bacon Pizza

I might have a thing for onions. Maybe. OK, definitely. I love onions, they are sooo good! Caramelize those suckers and they make everything taste delicious. So I took a cue from Deb at Smitten Kitchen (what else is new) and made some pizza with the delicious buggers along with bacon.
IMAG0055
I used Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza dough, and made one with tomato sauce, and another with a mix of sour cream and cream cheese.
IMAG0057IMAG0059
I sprinkled some herbed fromage blanc on top of the white one, and the red sauce pizza got mostly mozzarella with a bit of that "pizza cheese" you can buy pre-shredded at the grocery store. I like cutting corners, what can I tell you.
IMAG0062
They were pretty good, but perhaps there were too many flavors. We decided that the white sauce pizza was definitely better, but both were really much too busy. I've come to the conclusion that I like my pizza simpler. I'll save the caramelized onions for tartes and soups. Oh and maybe curries. Or, my bastardized version of curries... To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment